From:
John Maass <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Dec 2005 16:08:20 -0500
Mr. Forsythe: I remind you that Mr. Finkelman, and not I, made a comparison between Jefferson's views and today's conservatives in his initial posting.  As such, it is a relevant question on this list so long as it gets back to and stays with the subject of TJ.  Even though you "have no idea what 'conservatives/Republicans' as a group are for
or again[st]," that should not preclude others from trying to decipher what Senator Allen meant in a historical context, which is what Mr. Finkelman was trying to do initially.

John R. Maass