Date:
Thu, 15 May 2008 18:11:39 EDT
 (http://www.merriam-webster.com/)

    skanky

1982
1slang : repugnantly filthy or  squalid

2slang : of low or sleazy  character

In a message dated 5/15/2008 5:44:33 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

My  objections are not based on the opinions, but the lack of
collegial  respect. Words like "skanky" are inappropriate on a
scholarly list.  Part of what makes scholarly discourse possible, is
that one can  express any opinion one likes, but it is done without
recourse to  provocative hateful language.  If you were Jewish and I
called  you a kike, or a Moslem and I called you a raghead, perhaps
the  point would be clearer.

-- Stephan

On 15 May 2008, at 16:34,  [log in to unmask] wrote:

> I disagree profoundly with the people here  who have spoken out in
> favor of silencing Mr. Southmayd.   I would like to remind everyone
> here of the words of Thomas  Jefferson, in his first inaugural  address:

favorites at AOL Food.