From:
"Lonny J. Watro" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Feb 2005 10:03:03 -0500
The link I gave to the Martinsburg Public Library might be the place to look
for the copies of these issues. I found obituaries for mid 1800's from this
library. The staff is very helpful. I will provide the link again:
http://www.youseemore.com/martinsburgberkeley/
If you e-mail them they will tell you the cost of copying, etc. Possibly
your library has an Inter-Library Loan program and you could work through
your library to get copies of these pages from the Martinsburg Library. I
would bet the issues are there. Please let me know if they are my
ancestor's, John Alburtis' newspaper. I'm not sure which paper he published
in Martinsburg. There may have been more than one newspaper. Or he might
have still been a printer's apprentice in 1811. I just don't know for sure.
Anyway, I would be interested in your findings about the earth quake in
Martinsburg as several of my ancestors besides the Alburtis' were living
there at the time. I would like to pass your information on to the Berkeley
County Historical Society. They might not have any information about this
historical natural event. I'm sure they would find it quite interesting and
would probably publish your findings in their newsletter.

Thanks,
Lonny J. Watro