From:
Anita Wills <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 May 2008 16:12:41 -0700
This is very interesting. If anyone attends please give a report on the presentation. One of my ancestors, Rawley Pinn attended church with whites in Amherst County (around 1790), before founding Fairmount Baptist Church. The Baptist were targeted by other Christian churches for their anti-slavery beliefs. I believe my ancestor was attending Keys Church before forming his own church. Since no records were kept it is difficult to document who was where, and when. I read a book titled, Tuckahoes & Cohees, which detailed the Baptists in the area of Amherst & Nelson Counties.

Anita