From:
"Tarter, Brent (LVA)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Apr 2008 15:24:25 -0400
Monday I posted this to Va-Hist. I hope now, finally, that it will go
through:

Loud and sustained applause, interrupted from time to time with cheers,
to Jeff McClurken and all of his volunteers and associates who hosted
the 2008 Virginia Forum at the University of Mary Washington this past
weekend; and to the program committee for arranging a large number of
very stimulating proposals into an extremely wide-ranging set of
sessions; and to all of the people who made presentations and shared
with us their knowledge and wisdom and discoveries; and to the
approximately 200 people who attended and engaged in some of the best
discussions I have had the pleasure to participate in for a long time.
Bravo, etc., etc., etc.

For the information of people who were not there: Longwood University
has agreed to host the 2009 Virginia Forum, and Christopher Newport
University has agreed to host the 2010 Virginia Forum. For more details,
the call for papers, and other useful information, watch this space or
the Virginia Forum Web site at www.virginiaforum.org

Brent Tarter
The Library of Virginia

Please visit the Library of Virginia's Web site at
http://www.lva.virginia.gov