From:
Joe Chandler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 May 2008 20:15:08 -0700
Barbara is correct. I would only add that "it depends"
on many circumstances, including whether the woman's
husband died testate (with will) or intestate (without
will), where the woman had an estate of her own from
her father (by will or inheritance if there were no
male heirs), the law of the jurisdiction where the
woman resided and other factors. Like most (if not
all) things, there is no "one size fits all" answer.

jc

--- "Barbara Vines Little, CG"