From:
Herbert Barger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Feb 2009 20:37:59 -0500
Anne,

I use the word "never" because he did not say that in the newspaper article.
We do not know what the reporter left out, if anything. Your statement that,
"it is logical and believable that he did say this more than once." Now you
are beginning to sound like Annette Gordon-Reed in trying to justify what
Madison MAY HAVE MEANT (her thoughts again), when he is made to say that he
was named by Dolley Madison at his January birth at Monticello. My research
revealed that she was NOT there at that time. AGR picked up on that and
tries to tip toe around by stating what Madison MAY HAVE MEANT.

Your statement, "those people in Ohio and Wisconsin" To my knowledge,
Madison NEVER moved to or visited Wisconsin as his brother Eston had. But of
course Eston NEVER claimed descent from Thomas but "a Jefferson uncle",
meaning Randolph, as the TJ grandchildren and slave playmates knew him as.
Dr Foster's choice of an Eston descendant insured a match, and it did match.
I tried to get Dr Foster to tell Nature, but he did not.

I do not know what you last sentence means.

Herb