From:
Teresa Roane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Mar 2008 10:25:55 -0400
To All,
My apologies, it was a MRCVB survey.

Teresa Roane
Library Manager
Museum of the Confederacy
1201 East Clay Street
Richmond, VA 23219
Help preserve a piece of history-make a donation today at www.moc.org and select membership & donation

-----Original Message-----
From: Discussion of research and writing about Virginia history
[mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of Teresa Roane
Sent: Thursday, March 20, 2008 10:03 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [VA-HIST] [VA-HITS] Museum of the Confederacy Sheet Music

To All,
In a recent e-mail, the question was posed, "Given the demise of the Museum of the Confederacy, can anybody tell me where their wonderful collection (over 1000 items) of Confederate sheet music is going?"

I am reminded of a Mark Twain quote, "reports of my death are greatly exaggerated."

The Museum of the Confederacy is alive and doing very well, thank you.  We finished our past year in the black for the first time in a generation.  We have almost doubled our membership in the last 18 months.  And we have increased our endowment by over $500,000.  We are now planning a major expansion to include new museum sites at Appomattox, Chancellorsville, and Fort Monroe.  Taken together with the White House and the current site in Richmond (our Headquarters, our research library, our preservation and conservation center, and a major visitors gallery), we will be positioned not only to continue to be (according to a MCCABE survey) the #3 draw to Richmond (behind only the James River and Monument Avenue) but also to reach hundreds of thousands of history visitors across the whole of the Commonwealth with our collection, which is indeed wonderful.

Writing on behalf of S. Waite Rawls III, President and CEO of the Museum of the Confederacy