From:
Sunshine49 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Jan 2007 22:48:09 -0500
It's interesting you comment on the sweet smell off the Bay; many of
the very early accounts of the first settlers and explorers to
Virginia talk about a sweet smell off the land that they could smell
several miles out at sea. There were comments about the sweet smell,
it was notable. How odd.

I love the smell of fresh, rich soil, too.

Nancy

-------
I was never lost, but I was bewildered once for three days.

--Daniel Boone