From:
"Richardson, Darlene" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 May 2007 12:46:31 -0400
Talk about unscheduled stops on a stagecoach ride--in a Civil War era
diary that I transcribed, the diarist (female) spoke of a trip in which
the horses stubbornly stopped 3 or 4 times during the journey and the
travelers had to get out of the carriage and walk a couple of miles
until the driver could get the persnickety equine to budge and catch up
with them.  Darlene Richardson