Date:
Mon, 6 Oct 2008 13:19:32 EDT
The WPA slave narratives weren't second-hand oral history reports, they  were
first hand accounts by those who actually participated in the peculiar
institution.....much more valuable that a modern-day historian looking through
documents and interpreting them with his own biases and agenda.

In the law, it is the difference between eye witness testimony and
hearsay....the former admissible because it is considered reliable, the later
generally inadmissible and deemed of little probative value.

J South

In a message dated 10/6/2008 12:20:19 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,