From:
"Harbury, Katharine (LVA)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Aug 2007 15:58:29 -0400
I was focusing on the definition of the term, and  not on the 1850
census record. Yes, census enumerators did vary in their descriptions of
family members, and wrote accordingly. Descriptions even varied from
census to census. Thank you for your response.