From:
Clara Callahan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Jan 2007 04:16:19 -0800
I've always thought that River Jordan had one of the best names I've seen in Virginia colonial records (along with Sorrowful Margaret), but it loses something when pronounced Jeerden.

Ronald Whitaker <[log in to unmask]> wrote:  One of my maternal lines is from eastern KY and those good folks smiling
proclaim that they are JERR dens during the week, but when they clean up and
head to town on Saturday... they are JOR dans!!

Ron