From:
Deborah Crowe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Apr 2013 21:33:44 -0400
Hello,
I began researching my family history about a year ago and it's come to a screeching halt! I've read that there were 5-6 Lewis families who came to what is now West Virginia. I am from Nicholas County, Wva. I've been able to find documentation back 6 generations, including myself. However, I cannot find the parents of my 3rd great grandfather, Hezekiah Lewis, b. 3Feb1753-d. 1830 in Greenbrier, Wv. In his will probated June 1830, he names his wife as Diana. Her last name might be Oldner, but this is not proven. They lived in Lewisburg, Wva in 1820 and may have been married in Bedford, Va. Their son, John B. Lewis is my great great grandfather. I've traced my ancestors movement from my father, Robert Lewis, born in Edray, Pocahantas Co, to Falling Springs, to District 18? Then to Hezekiah in Lewisburg, Wva in 1820. If I can find out who his parents were I may be able to find out which of these Lewis families I belong to. I have several of recommended books on the area and have researched records both online and in person, but I'm more confused than ever due to the repetition and similarity of names. I would sincerely appreciate any help or advice.