Date:
Thu, 26 Jun 2008 15:18:36 EDT
Proud to be such a caricature on the day the US Supreme Court finally and
definitively affirmed what the Founding Fathers meant in enacting the Second
Amendment to the US Constitution.  Now us "right wing" gun-toters aren't
"nuts", just Constitutional scholars.

J South

In a message dated 6/26/2008 2:08:10 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

You're  like a caricature of a right wing nut....

[log in to unmask]  wrote:
> This is whining,
>
> J South
>
> Neil,
>
> People will study whatever parts of history  interest them.  Putting the
name
> of an unknown African on a rock  at Poquoson would not be  correct,
inasmuch
> as the slaves came  in initially at Jamestown.
>
> But,  if you want to make the  point that Africans enslaved Africans before
> the  British came  to the idea, go ahead and write a book or two and make
your

> case. In the meantime, those interested in naming the AMERICANS who  were
> complicit in this long chain of immorality, should not be  challenged. The
> CHRISTIANS and those who cheered for and/or  signed the Declaration of
> Independence were promising a NEW way  of living, an attempt at true
freedom
> for man, and then a  decade later turned their backs on those brought here
as
>  slaves.
>
> How can men claim morality when they profess their  love of  their own
freedom
> and deny that self-same freedom to  their neighbors and  workers?
>
> Anne
>

> In a message dated 6/26/2008 1:40:35 P.M. Eastern  Daylight Time,
> [log in to unmask] writes:
>
>  J  South,
>
> I don't see that people "whine" about slavery,  so much as I hear  a
> continuous "whine" about the Civil War, the  actions of the north
necessary
> to end that conflict, and the  effects of reconstruction which  led to a
> backlash known as Jim  Crow which dragged the issue of slavery  into the
20th
> century,  and which is still a factor today, in the 21st  century.
>
>  Anne
>
> Anne  Pemberton
>  http://www.erols.com/apembert
>  http://www.educationalsynthesis.org