Date:
Fri, 23 Feb 2001 15:46:58 -0600
Hello Henry,

I am a member of the National Society of Washington Family Descendants (but
not via the Lewis line). I have forwarded your message on to the
as well as a knowledgeable cousin from this line. Perhaps someone will be
able to
better assist you than I can.

I don't know if you've tried Library of Congress Online Catalog  or

http://catalog.loc.gov/cgi-bin/Pwebrecon.cgi?DB=local&PAGE=hbSearch

some of the standard (but out of print) books about the Washington family.
There are some that are online at genealogy.Library.com that have mentioned
Betty Lewis and her relationship to her brother...the fact that she looked
very
much like him. ( My grandmother's sister had his face too...a distinguished
visage
for a gentleman, but a rather unfortunate one for a young lady).

 My father was stationed near Fredericksburg VA for a while during WWII and
mother
moved there to join him.  The house she rented rooms in was close to the
Betty Lewis
house and she remembers having tea there. She met some other people in the
neighborhood who had a deed with George Washington's signature on it.

I would be very interested in seeing the work you put together regarding
Betty Lewis
and so would my mother. I'm sure that other members of the NSWFD would be as
well.

Best of luck with your venture. If I might be of any further assistance to
you, please
let me know.

Malinda Jones