From:
Craig Kilby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Sep 2008 17:58:08 -0400
I really hate to get into this never-ending argument, but since
accusations are made, I would like some clarification.

On Sep 24, 2008, at 9:55 AM, Herbert Barger wrote:

> Thank you Neil for your keen observation of the planning, handling,
> scheming, by certain authors to convey these lies to the public. We
> know
> things originate from high on top of Mr. Jefferson's "little
> mountain."
> We know where certain authors go to "gather their brand of
> research" and
> we know WHY and by whom the agenda is perpetuated.

Who is the "we" in "we know"?  What is the "why" of their "agenda?"
What is the "agenda?"  Who is the "by whom these things orginate."?
It was also stated earlier that Annette Gordon-Reed had deliberately
miscontrrued and re-wrote passages from Jefferson's diary, and also
that of someone else.  Can you provide the correct transcript of what
was actually written and show us the "revised" version?

In order to make an informed conclusion about the veracity of any
work, it would be important to know the reasons why a work is
defective, flawed or even an outright fabrication.  This rock-
throwing doesn't really give much credence to either "side" of the
discussion.  Most of us out here just want the facts, and are quite
capable of drawing our own conclusions without unsubstantiated
invectives and (apparently) long-simmering rivalries.

Craig Kilby