From:
Billy Bearden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Mar 2004 14:08:42 EST
Mr Eric Johnson
 Thanks for the level headed response filled with indepth research and
insightful questions.
 I'll grant that stats go both ways, and you trumped me in that point. Thanks
for teaching me something, which is why I'm here.

 About the reclaiming or redeeming issue:
 Before I add my experiences, I must pose the question I failed to earlier -
Why does the US flag get a pass, not only as the flag of the KKK and other
race hate groups (Nazi Bund of the 30's thru skinheads today) and Native
American massacres, Not to mention the slavery which was prevelent under the flag for
89 years?

 As a member of the reclaimer/redeemer group, I have made much headway in
taking the myths and outright lies about the flag and made friends out of former
enemies. In my circle of aquaintances, I am getting questions from American &
Jamaican blacks, as well as whites about the flag and other related questions.
One on one, after a intimate talk, they leave with a whole new perspective.
The majority of media in my view preaches a leftist anti southern bias, and
especially anything Confederate. It is hard , but not impossible.

You ask what things are positive to celebrate in regards to Confederate
Heritage?
A lot of biggies are of a military nature: Submarine Hunley, CSS Virgina, &
Military tactics that are still studied and taught to our soldiers today. Some
are political - like term limits on the Presidency, which didn't happen for
the US until after FDR. Others are City & County names of Confederate leaders,
the Nation's most important military honor in the form of Arlington House and
Grounds. Army bases like Bragg, Lee, Pickett, Hood, etc... Even 2 US Nuclear
Missle Subs Lee & Jackson. The world's largest outdoor carving at Stone
Mountain. The bravery of the southern soldier and the fortitude of the southern woman.
The accolades of many foreigners like Winston Churchill and Charles Dickens.
The tradition of the brave southern fighting man from Washington thru Lee to
McArthur. There is a LOT of positive Confederate Heritage & History we all
need.
Thanks & God Bless
W E Bill Bearden
Georgia