From:
Catherine Moore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Jun 2008 11:56:59 -0400
Greetings VA-HIST Subscribers,

I'm the Researcher for a new public radio show about history called
"Backstory," based in Charlottesville, VA, at the Virginia Foundation
for the Humanities. You can check out our website here for stations,
show times, podcasts, and more: www.backstoryradio.org. "Backstory" is a
call-in show hosted by three friendly and prominent Virginia historians,
Peter Onuf, Ed Ayers, and Brian Balogh.

We're currently producing a show about the history of transportation in
America called "Traffic: How We Got From There to Here." As I mentioned,
we're a call-in show, but since only a few episodes have aired, not
everyone knows to call in! What we're looking for are people who have a
question about the history of transportation for our hosts. Consider
them a dream team of historians--this is your chance to ask them
/anything you like/ about the history of traffic, transportation,
mobility in America. You can see a description of the show here for
ideas: http://www.virginiafoundation.org/vfhradio/backstory/wordpress/?p=30

So what do you say? Can you help us out by signing up to be a caller?
We're recording callers for this show on the afternoon of 6/21. The
whole thing takes about eight minutes. It's not live, so there's no
pressure. This is a unique opportunity for anyone who has a burning
question about transportation history, or simply wants to chat with
three great historians, have their fifteen minutes of fame, and support
history scholarship in Virginia. If transportation history doesn't float
your boat, check back to our website for future shows and join in the
discussion. And please feel free to forward this email to anyone you
know who might be interested.

I'd appreciate any assistance you could offer. Email me or give me a
call. Thanks!

Catherine Moore
Researcher, "Backstory"
Virginia Foundation for the Humanities Radio
Charlottesville, VA
434-924-4403