From:
Anne Pemberton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Nov 2008 13:31:21 -0500
J South,

I will file your email along with the other posts of suggestions for more
Famous Americans. You, of course, did not list all the people who have links
on my Famous Virginians page, just those who are not white. Then you present
a list of all white men.

Are you of the opinion that only the efforts of white men should be honored
in history and listed as "famous" residents for their state? Many of those
you quibble over are listed in the SOLs for student by Virginia students.
None of those you listed are. Some of those you quibble over were
instrumental in overturning unjust laws just as the colonies overturned the
unjust laws of the British who ruled the colonies. How you can take pride in
those whose names are connected with liberty in 1776, yet disdain the names
of those connected with liberty in the 19th and 20th century does not make
sense.

Just out of curiousity, what great things did John Tyler accomplish?

Anne

Anne Pemberton
http://www.erols.com/apembert
http://www.educationalsynthesis.org