From:
qvarizona <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 May 2006 10:23:28 -0700
Henry,

  Sorry, but will start this reply a bit off-subject, but it, too, is for your own good!

  After all those exchanges on this list a few months ago re. the merits and demerits of Washington and Jefferson and the slave issue --I think the subject started with "favorite Virginians", but I'm not certain--  several people used your book, "An Imperfect God" to make a point, and feeling left out because I had never read it, I used my husband's birthday as an excuse for ordering it.  We both were impressed not only by your writing skills, but by your obviously intensive research and delicate handling of a touchy subject.  It is, without a doubt, our new favorite book about GW. The amazing thing is that while you show a George we never really knew, we can still love him... and do.  Thank you.

  Certainly looking forward to your upcoming book on Jefferson.

  Now, re. the biography your wife wrote, we'd love to see it.  (What a blessing to stumble across such a treasure in an old farmhouse.)   Any word that the documentary might be covered by PBS in other locations, namely Arizona?

  Joanne Kartak