From:
Anita Wills <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 1 Nov 2004 10:13:30 -0800
Brian,
It is possible that these Free Blacks were attracted by the large creole
community in Louisiana. One of my ancestors, an escaped slave, was kidnapped
from Pennsylvania, and sold down River to New Orleans. She was eventually
purchased by a Creole man, who married her.  This tells me that the Creoles
were powerful, and influential.  Most of my Free Black ancestors left
Virginia, and headed north.

Happy Hunting!!

Anita

AMAZON.COM PURCHASE SITE - NOTES AND DOCUMENTS OF FREE PERSONS OF COLOR :
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1411603338/qid=1097778584/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/103-8775456-1855815?v=glance&s=books

BOWDENS' OF POPES CREEK WEBSITE:
http://www.orgsites.com/ca/mpbwdnfnd/index.html

"The ruin of a nation begins in the homes of its
people" African Proverb.