From:
"Lonny J. Watro" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Mar 2001 11:39:24 -0500
Thank you to everyone who responded to my question regarding copyright.

Here is the book in question:

_The Virginia Carys An Essay in Genealogy_ by Fairfax Harrison 1869-?

Privately Printed The De Vinne Press New York 1919. Copyright, 1919, by The De Vinne Press.

I wish to transcribe some of this information and post it on my Web page. That's why I wanted to know if the copyright had expired or not.

How can I find out whether the descendants of the author have continued the copyright or not? Or if De Vinne Press extended the copyright? I don't wish to do anything illegal, but think that their is information in this book that other Cary researchers would be interested in knowing.

Thanks again.
Lonny J. Watro