From:
"Peter V. Bergstrom" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Feb 2006 20:19:21 -0500
I asked Randy to send me his "march" version of Shenandoah  -- which is
magnificent.

After I listened to it many times, I suggested the "Virginia" version might
start with the line:

        Virginia, birthplace of liberty ...

I open the discussion to the rest of you to complete the new lyric...

And, FYI, I couldn't figure out a way to make Rappahannock fit in the meter,
even though I really wanted to.

Peter V. Bergstrom, PhD
Independent Historian,
PC Services Consultant & Web Designer