From:
Ann Avery Hunter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Dec 2005 01:54:53 -0500
There were German POWs at the Bellwood Defense Supply Center in Chesterfield Co.
during the war. My uncle had his veterinary office on Belvedere St. (US 1) in
Richmond, and I can remember standing outside watching a long convoy of army
trucks taking the prisoners south. They were very young, blonde, and good
looking. We waved, and they waved back. When you drove by Bellwood, they could
be seen working on the grounds, guarded by soldiers with rifles.

Ann
--
Ann Avery Hunter
Winston-Salem, NC