From:
Paul Heinegg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Jun 2007 12:05:35 -0500
Neil McDonald wrote, "While many children were born to slaves in the
Americas, and millions of their descendants are citizens in Brazil and the
USA to this day, very few descendants of the slaves that ended up in the
Middle East survive.  (Maybe they were just "incorporated into society,"
huh??)"

I do not want to defend Muslim slavery since my reading of "Islam's Black
Slaves" totally disgusted me. And I disagree with the author of that book
calling what was wholesale rape "household slavery" and "concubinage," but
anyone who visits the Middle East can see for himself that their slaves were
incorporated into society.

Saudi Arabia resisted emancipation as did the American South. The difference
is that no one forced Saudi to stop.
Paul