From:
"Alyson L. Taylor-White" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Dec 2001 12:31:58 -0500
Diane - how about George Washington's Beautiful Nelly, subtitled The Letters
of Eleanor Parke Custis Lewis to Elizabeth Bordley Gibson, 1794 - 1851)
edited by Patricia Brady.  Also, Unwise Passions, subtitled A True Story of
a Remarkable Woman - and the First Great Scandal of Eighteenth Century
America, by Alan Pell Crawford.   Both of these deal with both historical
personalities as well as the more exciting subject of youthful obsessions
along with the accompanying anxieties.  They also deal with the changing
attitudes about matrimony and love in the early Federal period.  ATW