From:
Jurretta Heckscher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Sep 2007 04:01:54 -0400
Not picky at all, Brent--enlightening.  Thanks.

I had forgotten (if I ever knew) that the name Prosser was not how
Gabriel identified himself.  That's important information, all the
moreso because the Library of Congress has gotten the matter wrong in
its subject headings, such as the following:

Prosser, Gabriel, ca. 1775-1800

This needs to be corrected.

As for your point about "conspiracy" rather than "rebellion":  no
argument there, but since Doug Egerton chose to call his book
Gabriel's Rebellion, that one may be a lost cause.

--Jurretta