From:
Excalibur131 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Jan 2007 21:46:58 -0500
After Crum's Bakery there was Steven's Bakery. Steven's did alright, nothing
spectacular, with silver dollar biscuits for awhile. I don't know if
Steven's is still around. The last I used them they had gotten so far away
from their humble beginnings that their baked goods were unrecognizable, not
to mention that they had lost their magic for tasty products. Boy, I sure
wish we had Crum's Bakery around here now!

Being from Newport News, I would imagine you are talking about good ol'
fried yellow squash when you mention fried simlins. I guess it could be just
about any member of the gourd family though.

Tom
Eastern Shore & More Forum
http://www.easternshoremore.com/forum/