From:
Bob Shriner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Jan 2006 08:47:51 EST
Perhaps, given the strong feelings and  obvious expertise of this group in
determining the misleading nature of this  film, an effort should be made to
call the producer, director, and distributor  to justice before a court of law
for perpetrating a fraud and misrepresentation  of the facts.  This should not
be done for the content of the film  per se (which is likely to be protected
under the guise of artistic license) but  for the false and misleading
advertising and promotion that attempts to persuade  the public that the film is
factual history, worthy of "lesson plans,  etc."  Perhaps an appropriate plaintiff
would be the Virginia History  Society or similar organization or institution
with both corporate body and  scholarly expertise.

    I am required to tell you that I am NOT  an attorney and that nothing in
this message should be interpreted as a legal  opinion.  However, I do enjoy
watching a good fight.

                :-)        Bob

Robert D. Shriner, Ph.D.  ([log in to unmask])
SHRINER-MIDLAND COMPANY
Management & Economic  Consultants
Warrenton, Virginia  U.S.A.