From:
Walter Waddell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Mar 2012 02:06:56 +0100
"i.e., that open-ended investigation of the nation's past could weaken
the ties of citizenship by raising critical issues about the
distribution of power and respect."

I invite your attention to: "The 500 Year Delta: What Happens After What
Comes Next"; Watts Wacker, Jim Taylor, with Howard Means; 1997; Harper
Business; ISBN 0-88730-838-4. Probably out of print; but, might be available
through Inter-Library loan.

 "The four new freedoms: freedom to know; freedom to go; freedom to do;
freedom to be (whatever one wants to be) ......"

"We look at the dissolution of corporate loyalty and see the collapse of
national identity, the disempowering (sic) of governments, and we see not a
world order in peril but rather the rise of a global freedom......"

"How can you connect in an age where strangers, lovers, landlords, your own
cells betray?
Or bind the fabric together when the raging shifting winds of change keep
ripping away?
Jonathan Larson, Rent"

For purposes of perspective: "All species are doomed to extinction -
biological axiom. Man wasn't here in the beginning and he won't be here at
the end." - Some one or other.

Regards, Ray