From:
Andrew Talkov <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Aug 2015 16:29:57 -0400
Greetings all:

I wanted to let you know about an exciting upcoming program at the Virginia Historical Society.

DOING LOCAL HISTORY: SURVIVING THE PRESENT AND PLANNING FOR THE FUTURE

Historical societies, house museums, and other Virginia-based organizations are busy preserving historic properties, collecting and maintaining archival and object collections, providing services to researchers, and promoting an appreciation of their community's history to the public. They are also competing for an ever-shrinking pool of private and government grant money, serving communities with rapidly changing populations and economies, and most depend on the generosity of volunteers to operate.

Join the Virginia Historical Society and the Virginia Department of Historic Resources as we discuss the challenges all historical organizations face today and those we will encounter in the future.

A Clear View Leadership Seminar: How to Manage Construction Projects Big and Small<http://www.vahistorical.org/attend-event/programs-and-activities/social-events/clear-view-leadership-seminar-how-manage?start=2015-09-11T18%3A00>

Friday, September 11, 2015

6:00 p.m.

$50 registration (click here<http://www.vahistorical.org/attend-event/programs-and-activities/social-events/clear-view-leadership-seminar-how-manage?start=2015-09-11T18%3A00> to register)

Join us for dinner and discussion about the recently completed construction project at the Virginia Historical Society. Use our experience as a case study for your planning an upcoming project or as a way to evaluate a project you may have finished.

Doing Local History: Surviving the Present and Planning for the Future<http://www.vahistorical.org/attend-event/programs-and-activities/social-events/doing-local-history-surviving-present-and?start=2015-09-12T09:00>

Saturday, September 12, 2015

9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.

$35 registration (click here<http://www.vahistorical.org/attend-event/programs-and-activities/social-events/doing-local-history-surviving-present-and?start=2015-09-12T09:00> to register)

A day-long conference to discuss the challenges that local historical societies, house museums, and other Virginia-based historical organizations are experiencing today, the ones we will encounter in the future, and how we can face them together. Registration includes program, lunch, and reception.

All programs take place at the Virginia Historical Society, 428 North Boulevard, Richmond, Virginia. For more information and registration visit www.vahistorical.org/events/local<http://www.vahistorical.org/events/local>

Organized by the Virginia Historical Society and Virginia Department of Historic Resources. Sponsored by The Whiting-Turner Contracting Company.

Hope to see you there,

Andrew H. Talkov
Vice President for Programs
Virginia Historical Society