From:
Sunshine49 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Feb 2007 16:37:54 -0500
It might have been better than letting her rot in some English
prison... perhaps they were given the choice, esp. if they were of a
"good family". Maybe her crime was such that she was no longer wanted
in that good society in GB, but sufficiently minor that she would
still be good marriage material in Virginia, where English women were
in very short supply. We've already sort of deduced that many of the
laws as written in England, and as practiced "on the ground" in
Virginia, where they were driven by necessity, were not always one
and the same. She might have made someone a wonderful wife and had
just the amount of fire and gumption needed to help her survive the
frontier society.

Just speculation.

Nancy

-------
I was never lost, but I was bewildered once for three days.

--Daniel Boone