From:
Paul Heinegg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Jun 2007 22:44:43 -0500
Joanne, maybe the Nazis are an extreme example, but we accept the culture of
the society we grow up in and it is only the great leaders who can step
back, see what is wrong in their culture, and lead others to eliminate it.

The last forty years makes me proud to be an American in that we were able
to admit we had a racist culture and are taking steps to correct it (with a
little help from the Civil Rights Movement). Surely, this must not have
happened very often in history.
Paul