From:
Craig Kilby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Aug 2010 12:03:29 -0400
Lyle,

While you are looking outside the box, might I suggest you keep up your search. Sears' catalogs are all over the place if you look for them besides the internet.

As not-too-long-ago in the 1980s (yes, those good old days) as a real estate appraiser, we had dozens of the ca 1900-1910 Sears catalogs in our arsenal of material. And yes, they also sold farm equipment--and lots of it, with photographs and prices.

This brings me to an important point: not everything can be conveniently be found on the internet in the comfort of our own home. Old fashioned research still applies.

Best of luck in this endeavor. It does sound very interesting.

Craig Kilby
Lancaster, VA