From:
Anne Pemberton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Jun 2008 13:33:59 -0400
J South,

I don't see that people "whine" about slavery, so much as I hear a
continuous "whine" about the Civil War, the actions of the north necessary
to end that conflict, and the effects of reconstruction which led to a
backlash known as Jim Crow which dragged the issue of slavery into the 20th
century, and which is still a factor today, in the 21st century.

Anne

Anne Pemberton
http://www.erols.com/apembert
http://www.educationalsynthesis.org