From:
Randy Cabell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Randy Cabell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 May 2007 14:25:42 -0400
Lest it get lost in the weekend excitement,  you may not be aware that the Godspeed has arrived in Richmond, and a special concert will be given at the Intermediate Terminal tomorrow night (Saturday May 26) at 5PM.  The Richmond Concert Band will play first, followed by the Richmond Symphony, and then fireworks.  What a great celebration it looks to be!  I wish that Mary Kay and I could be there.

But The Trumpeter of Jamestown will be alive and well there in spirit.  Four of my 1907 march arrangements from the Jamestown Jubilee CD will be played by the band. Likewise The 1807 Jamestown Jubilee (a re-creation of Capt. Nestle's Norfolk Artillery Band) from the CD  by David Diggs, and hopefully with a narrator and glass of wine in his hand, as when it was recorded last December.  2007 from the CD will be represented by my Trumpeter of Jamestowne March.

Also featured by the band will be a march written for the band, "Capitol Square" by Warren Barker, of course The Star Spangled Banner, and a couple of Sousa Marches, and half a dozen more.

All in all, this looks to be a terrific CELEBRATION of 400 years of Jamestown.  I am humbled to be a part of it all.

The CD now becomes not only a souvenir of Jamstown commemorations/celebrations, but also of the historic Godspeed visit to Richmond.  It is available in Richmond at the Library of Virginia, and pretty much all over Williamsburg and Jamestown, and of course from yours truly if you want a special deal.

All of this would not have been possible without help over the last year and a half from many of you out there in the VA-HIST community.  Thank you so much for your contributions.

Randy Cabell
The Trumpeter of Jamestowne