From:
"Alyson L. Taylor-White" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Aug 2001 16:45:52 -0400
Robin - two books that are my staples for reference as well as brushing up
on facts are the fourth edition of The Hornbook of Virginia History, edited
by Emily Salmon and Eward D.C. Campbell, Jr., and the Virginia Landmarks
Register Book, editor Calder Loth.  Between them, they are essential
Virginia history primers.  I write and edit a statewide magazine, the
Virginia Review, and keep copies of both handy within easy reach of my
writing space.  They are terrific.  Good book hunting!  Alyson