From:
Sunshine49 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Jan 2007 15:16:53 -0500
Let's not forget the whites who were also 'in the trades'. In my own
family there were carpenters, plasterers, blacksmiths, wheelwrights,
carriage makers, dressmakers and seamstresses. It's a mistake to
assume that all whites were rich, all craftsmen were black, free or
slave, and all the whites who weren't rich were... what?

Nancy

-------
I was never lost, but I was bewildered once for three days.

--Daniel Boone