From:
Randy Cabell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Randy Cabell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Mar 2008 06:17:49 -0400
#1 - Given the demise of the Museum of the Confederacy, can anybody tell me where their wonderful collection (over 1000 items) of Confederate sheet music is going?

#2 - A friend who is getting a PhD this year in Music/History with an emphasis on Virginia music in the Valley reminded me that in spite of the title of Civil War sheet music and band music at the Library of Congress, very little of it is from The South.  So, is there any institution in Virginia or elsewhere that has a major presence in preserving and sharing Southrern sheet music and band music of that time?

Randy Cabell