From:
Gregg Kimball <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Jan 2003 08:12:05 -0500
Randy,

The Library of Virginia does have records of the penitentiary, but some have
use restrictions as I learned when researching the 1936 prison recordings by
John Lomax.  It's probably best if someone from archives answers your
question, so I forwarded your message on to the person who helped me.  (She
is out until the 6th, so it will be next week).

Gregg D. Kimball
Director of Publications and
Educational Services
Library of Virginia