From:
Clara Callahan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Mar 2007 11:27:06 -0800
What the Cherokee trying to enforce a requirement for membership might define as justice appears to be quite the opposite of what possibly soon-to-be-denied-members might define as justice.

  I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "mere" tribalism.  We are, after all, talking about a tribe here.  Are you saying that Indian tribes are free to act tribally until they offend someone's sensibilities, at which point "tribalism" becomes a yucky thing they shouldn't be allowed to continue?

Jurretta Heckscher <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
  Dear Clara:

I would hope you gonna root for whomever is being treated unjustly.
The alternative is mere tribalism, the source and justification for
much of the world's injustice in the first place.

--Jurretta Heckscher