From:
Martha Katz-Hyman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Oct 2008 15:17:29 -0400
Anita,

I don't know if you're aware of the virtual exhibit on the Nova Scotia
Archives and Records website titled "African Nova Scotians in the Age of
Slavery and Abolition".  You can find it here:

http://www.gov.ns.ca/nsarm/virtual/africanns/

Included is a searchable database of about 5,000 African Nova Scotians,
including those in the "Book of Negroes".

There is also an on-line exhibit by the Nova Scotia Museum on the same
subject, which you can find here:

http://museum.gov.ns.ca/blackloyalists/index.htm

Martha Katz-Hyman