From:
Vince Brooks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 May 2007 13:28:04 -0400
Mr. Cabell,

Thank you for your question and for giving me the ability to clarify my earlier
statement.

As you'll note in the third paragraph of the announcement, the original
Lynchburg chancery causes are available in the Library of Virginia's archives
research room during business hours.  At some future date, these records will
be digitized and the images added to the index.

Digitization, especially with a collection of this size, is a considerable task.
With several localities already being scanned and many others in the queue, it
will be some time before Lynchburg can be reformatted.  Further, it will take a
number of months to scan and quality control the estimated 665,000 images
that will make up the Lynchburg digital collection.

Throughout this process, we will continue to make the index available to
researchers via the Library's Web page.  Announcements about the status of
the reformatting and the availability of records during that process can be
found, for all indexed localities, on the 'What's Available?' page of the
Chancery Records Index.

Thank you again for your inquiry, and please do not hesitate to contact me if
you have further questions.

Sincerely,
Vince Brooks