Date:
Fri, 17 Oct 2008 17:36:41 -0500
Dr. Hardwick,

Your prior response today as well as the one below keeps addressing how I am
making unwarranted claims and arriving at erroneous conclusions concerning
AGR's *latest* book, including one grievous ecological fallacy error.  You
are mistaken in your premise; her latest book is 'not' the subject of my/our
discussion here, it's the entire TJ-SH controversy or myth.  That was made
clear when I said, "So, with this knowledge (Mayer's essay including his
criticism of AGR), why would anyone wish to read her **latest** book."
(parenthetical clarification and emphasis added)

To refresh, you had originally concluded there was no political agenda in
TGR's writings, to which I was responding -- to demonstrate that the entire
TJ-SH myth, as presented by the Monticello Foundation and its supporting
historians, is one big agenda containing the political devices that were
described by Professor Mayer, and having many parts, players and works
including AGR.  Ellis' words about TJ and the cultural wars also
demonstrates their agenda.  I was not addressing AGR's latest work; in fact,
I was dismissing it as simply a continuation of the samo-samo, based on
reviews.  Professor Mayer was not addressing her latest work either.

It seems we should make our subjects more clear at this forum.  I felt my
message was right-on and clearly stated.  But too often the same
subject-heading is used for days while the discussion and people's thoughts
meander.

Neil McDonald