From:
Debra Jackson/Harold Forsythe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Feb 2007 11:53:06 -0500
Not true about gifts and bequests to colleges and universities.  Look at any
such institution's income ledger and you will see categories of restricted
and unrestricted gifts.  There is a I think current law suit against
Princeton University, where members of a wealthy family want a substantial
gift returned to them.  They argue that the restrictions and requirements on
the gift have not been honored by Princeton.

I have no idea what "a silly PC argument" means.  It seems more a
characterization than an argument.  Arguments have facts lined up so as to
strongly suggest a conclusion;  the conclusion itself is explicitly stated.

"Next thing people will demand..." is a version of the slippery slope
argument, a kind of deception of reason.  If you like A, you are going to
hate B, which is an inevitable outcome of A.  Outside of the realm of close
scientific observation and experiment, inevitability is a faith not a fact.

Harold S. Forsythe