From:
Craig Kilby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Mar 2014 16:25:40 -0500
Dr. John Sinks SAR memorandum on the matter that I sent a link to yesterday
spells it all out, and why DAR only uses 1783. There was an amendment to
the 1782 law allowing people to pay taxes in two parts due in part because
of the war. He cites chapter and verse of the tax laws for the entire
period leading up to, during and just after the war. Thanks to all who
responded. This is a new ruling by SAR and I suspect also for DAR.