From:
Bill Welsch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Aug 2015 17:07:52 -0400
AMERICAN REVOLUTION ROUND TABLE of RICHMOND

Benedict Arnold Comes to Richmond!

Join us on Wednesday, August 12, to hear our own Mark Lender speak about "The Traitor's Epiphany:  Benedict Arnold in Virginia and His Quest for Vindication" at the University of Richmond’s Heilman Dining Center.  Dinner will start at 5 PM, with the meeting beginning at 6 PM.  Details and maps are here http://arrt-richmond.blogspot.com/p/2013-meeting-schedule.html.  This meeting is our first held in conjunction with the University’s Osher Continuing Education Program, so we expect a full house.  Get there early to get a good seat.

Here’s information about an upcoming seminar.

Coming on August 15th: Tools of the American Revolution Seminar at the Yorktown Victory Center in Yorktown, VA!

Speakers are Elizabeth Cook (College of William and Mary), Sarah Thomas (College of William and Mary), Dr. Johanna Miller Lewis (University of Arkansas, Little Rock), Dr. Sarah Meacham (Virginia Commonwealth
University), and myself! The cost is $35 and includes all sessions, museum admission, and lunch.

Registration is limited to 50 people--hope to see you there!  http://www.historyisfun.org/yorktown-victory-center/tools-seminar/

Martha Katz-Hyman
Curator
Jamestown-Yorktown Foundation
Williamsburg, Virginia

The Williamsburg Yorktown ARRT will be meeting this Thursday.  Here are details.

Greetings!

Our next meeting is this week on Thursday August 6th at 6:30pm at Grace Episcopal Church, Parish Hall, Yorktown.  Our presenter is Norman Fuss.  "Artifact 18th Century Military Uniforms in North American Repositories."  Several years ago Mr. Fuss conducted a study to locate and document as many artifact military uniforms from the last half of the 18th century as he could. He found 140 of them in museums and other repositories in the United states, Canada, the UK and France.  This presentation is focused on the forty uniforms that he located in repositories in the United States and Canada.  The presentation will feature images of all forty uniforms together with their locations, catalog information and commentary on their provenance and, where known, the people to whom they belonged.

Norm Fuss is an avocational historian and living history interpreter who has focused on the period of the American War for Independence for the past forty years.  A retired chemical engineer and management consultant, he is author of over three dozen articles on a variety of topics relating to the Revolution.  In addition to his research, writing and speaking, he serves as a subject matter expert for Colonial Williamsburg's Electronic Field Trips, as a tour guide at Jamestown Settlement and Yorktown Victory Center, and as a volunteer consultant for the American Revolution Museum at Yorktown, scheduled to open in the fall of 2016.

We will be having our first USED BOOK SALE at our October meeting. Check your shelves and garages!  We are asking for donations of ANY history related books.  We will collect them at our August meeting. We will sell soft cover books for $2 and hard cover books for $5.  This is our only fundraiser of the year.

As always, please invite friends and family to join us or share our information with those that might be interested in joining our group.

Thank you,

Deborah Soderholm
President

Williamsburg Yorktown American Revolution Round Table
williamsburg-yorktownarrt.weebly.com

We hope to see you on August 12, to learn about Benedict Arnold and Richmond.

Bill Welsch