Date:
Sun, 27 Apr 2003 18:21:32 EDT
Va-Hist'ers:

I thought the following cross-post from H-DC would be of interest to the
list, since the replacement speaker will be talking about Virginia history,
specificially Falls Church during the Civil War.

If you can't attend the lecture, but are interested in obtaining a copy of
the book, you can reply to me off-line and I can give you contact information.

Cheers,
Michelle Krowl

--CROSS-POST FROM H-DC--
From: Sam Anthony <[log in to unmask]>
The Iris Miller lecture and book signing on May 15 has been postponed
due to personal reasons.  Her book is Washington in Maps, 1606*2000.  We
will reschedule, and you'll see her  lecture listed on our future print
calendars, on our online calendar, and on this newsletter.

But the May 15 7 p.m. show will go on - I am pleased to announce that
historian Bradley Gernand has graciously agreed to speak about his book, A
Virginia Village Goes to War: Falls Church During the Civil War at that
date and time.  More information will be posted on our website,
http://www.archives.gov/about_us/calendar_of_events
and in future E-mail newsletters.

> Thank you all for your support of the Archives Lecture Program, and I hope
to see you soon.