From:
Craig Kilby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Aug 2011 15:00:23 -0400
Hi all,

Sometimes, curiosity just gets the better of you.

We are nearing the final stages of data input for the War of 1812 Veterans Burials I have written about previously. One of the last sources of data included one Nicholas Mills, who was not given a birth year. He died in 1862, buried at Shockoe Hill Cemetery (US Daughters, War of 1812).

This prompted me to look him up on the 1860 census to find his birth year. I had to laugh. His occupation is "Gent." and for good reason: his real estate was valued at $76,000 and his personal property valued at $183,000.

There has to be a whole lot more to this story. If anyone has any of them, please let me know.

Craig Kilby
Lancaster, VA